PCN objectives are established by an agreement between Alberta Health (AH) and Alberta Medical Association (AMA). The provincial objectives of AH and AMA are:
1. Accountable & Effective Governance
- Establish clear & effective governance roles, structures & processes that support shared accountability & the evolution of primary healthcare delivery.
2. Strong Partnerships & Transitions of Care
- Coordinate, integrate & partner with health services & other social services across the continuum of care.
3. Health Needs of the Community and Population
- Plan service delivery on high quality assessments of the community's needs through community engagement and assessment of appropriate evidence.
4. Patient's Medical Home
- Implement patient's medical home to ensure Albertans have access to the right services through the establishment of interdisciplinary teams that provide comprehensive primary care.